Children are naturally drawn to Carolyn’s engaging, creative, and fun-loving approach. Carolyn creates a warm and rewarding learning environment for children and their families. She tailors every session to a child’s specific needs and shares their joy as they progress each day toward their communication goals. Carolyn also ensures families have the tools and support they need to continue to help their children outside her sessions and work with health care professionals.
Carolyn has extensive pediatric experience working in both private practice and public school settings. Her work focuses on communication development with children including language delays, articulation disorders, stuttering, autism, motor speech, and developmental disabilities. Her training also includes teaching parents practical strategies to help their children with language difficulties and improve their communications skills.
Carolyn graduated with a Masters of Science in Communication Sciences and Disorders from The Pennsylvania State University and also holds a Bachelor of Arts in Biology and Psychology from Queen's University. She is registered with the College of Audiologists and Speech-Language Pathologists of Ontario (CASLPO) and is a member of the American Speech Language Hearing Association (ASHA) and Ontario Association of Speech Language Pathologists and Audiologists (OSLA).
- Hanen certified in It Takes Two to Talk, More Than Words, Target Word and TalkAbility programs, teaching parents strategies to help their children
- Certified Lidcombe Therapist: providing treatment for preschool children who stutter
- Trained in PROMPT, a motor speech based therapy for facilitating speech production
- Completed the Rest Posture Program (Level 1 & 2) Assessment and Treatment to remediate orofacial myofunctional disorders
- Training in Social Thinking Concepts:
Carolyn lives in Kitchener where she spends her time renovating her home while keeping her cats safely away from the bird feeders on her deck. She is a former USASA snowboard champion and Les Mills BodyPump, BodyAttack and RPM fitness instructor, who also enjoys hiking and snowshoeing.
Thank you for your interest in Speak Your Mind!
At this time we are at capacity. We encourage you to check back in the New Year (2024).
COVID protocols continue to be in place.